Saturday, June 7, 2008

AP Japanese Scoring

Those who graduated from high school are probably familiar with AP courses in various subjects. Recently (actually last year) AP Japanese test began and this is the second year. Over 2000 students took AP test this year and I am one of the scoring leaders of the AP Japanese test. Scoring is like working in the prison confinement all day long for about 2 weeks. So I am now in Kansas City to complete this assignment. I am not sure if 3rd year Japanese finishers of my class can get AP grade of 3 or above. Especially the writing task and the listening task aren't that easy, which is also the week point of our class at COD. At least we can have a little free time at night so my friend professor from Seton Hall University in NJ (where I earned MA degree) and I will go to Kansas City Royals ball game soon. BTW, Royals is the bottom of their divisional team standing! Since the opponent is Texas Rangers, another weak team, we got a nice seat in front of 3rd base. Well, as soon as returning to Chicago on 6/16, I have to finalize the Study Abroad preparation and get ready to fly out with my students and 2.5-year old little "EMA."

No comments: