Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just Came in! Closer to the official

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the National Council of Japanese Language Teachers, I would like to extend our sincere congratulations on your selection as the winner of the 2008 NCJLT Teacher Award for the College Level. It is our honor to present this prestigious national award to you for your outstanding achievements and contributions to our profession.

The NCJLT Board would like to invite you to the 2008 NCJLT Teacher Awards Ceremony, which will take place during the NCJLT Awards Luncheon in the Northern Hemisphere A2,A3 & A4 at the Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, FL on Saturday, November 22, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This luncheon will be held in conjunction with the 2008 ACTFL Convention.

We do not have the detailed schedule of the luncheon at this time, but the Awards Ceremony will be after lunch, and you will have about one minute to make an acceptance speech if you so wish. During and after the ceremony, we will take pictures of you for our newsletter and website. I would like to ask you to pose with all the prize sponsors right after the ceremony as well. I would appreciate it very much if you could let us know at your earliest convenience whether or not you will be able to join us for this special occasion. If you can come, please arrive at the aforementioned venue of the luncheon a little before 11:30 a.m. so that I will have a chance to congratulate you in person.

You will be provided with our complementary lunch ticket and registration for the 2008 ACTFL Convention. If you have already paid for them, you will receive reimbursements from the ACTFL office within 8 weeks after the convention is over. For general information on this convention, please go to http://www.actfl.org/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or phone I look forward to hearing from you, and again, congratulations!

Sincerely,


Miko Foard
Teacher Award Director
NCJLT

Email: miko.foard@asu.edu

18 comments:

ミシェル said...

Wow! So it's really real! And you get a free trip and food to prove it!

Anonymous said...

Bring us back something nice from Florida... like their weather.

Unknown said...

...

Did they actually tell you what hemisphere you're supposed to go to or is that the name of a place? O_o;;

GTS said...

I don't think there would be the free trip at all. Just a honor, I guess. But that is already great.
I am trying to bring the good weather back to us from there. I will try! -GTS

GTS said...

Shold be the name of the place. But who knows? It is in the Disney World!

Anonymous said...

DISNEY WORLD :0

bring me back disney world!

Unknown said...

Jooria can have Disney World! Can I have the Tower of Terror? :D

GTS said...

It seems that I have to bring something back from there for Chibi's birthday. Ah, no special treatment for any students. Sorry!
-GTS

Anonymous said...

You can bring Disney and the Tower of Terror... but for the love of god, leave the E.T. ride there...

GTS said...

I don't even know if I have a slight chance to visit the Disney World within the busy schedule. Ahhhhh..... -GTS

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, shingles!


How do you say "damn it" in japanese again....I totally lost that sheet!!

GTS said...

Many ways to show your emotional flavor in Japanese. Too bad you lost the sheet from the GTS CLASS! -GTS

Anonymous said...

There is a sheet from a GTS class that will tell me how to say damn it? I look forward to this hand out! >:)

Anonymous said...

whoa whoa whoa... when did you hand that out Shingo? or was it just the answer sheet from the quiz wednesday?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, SHINGO!!!

GTS said...

That is just an answer key for the quiz that I made. Because I'm not in a position to teach swearing words, thatis the only way to do so! -GTS

Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

See, that's okay though because Sensei's proven that the word はやく can be far more terrifying than any swear word.

::solemn nod::

GTS said...

It all depends how はやく canbe said. I will try my best in the sweet way next time! But it can be more terryfing! -GTS