Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Airline Fuel Surcharge over $500!

As gas price goes up, all the airline companies are adding so-called notorious "Fuel Surcharge" and as of 8/1 for international flight over the Pacific Ocean, this surcharge got to $506! The airport tax and security surcharge are usually about $100 total, so the trip cost will go up again for future. This directly influence GTS Japan Field Study Program and the itinerary of the trip must be modified to fit into the budget again! The December Trip will be re-named as "Christmas in Japan" and main activity sites will be centering around Kyoto, of course. Ooooops, some students forgot paying tution for fall semester and removed from the registration list. As a result, a few seats for Fall Elementary Japanese classes got available! Hurry Up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh... Will I have a seat? I can't register for overload courses until classes actually start, right?

I don't want to be the one stuck with the "Fushigi na isu"!

GTS said...

2201 will be fine. Not too many people want to be bullied by GTS, haha. -GTS

ミシェル said...

I'm going to miss the GTS when I'm at UIC! Bullying and all. I think I would prefer the fushigina isu! Ehh, hopefully this new sensei will be a good adventure for me.

GTS said...

I'm sure you do well in UIC! Report about it later! -GTS